CodeStock is dedicated to providing an outstanding conference experience, to
increase learning opportunities for all our attendees, regardless of gender,
sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form, and we
would like to take this opportunity to remind all attendees that CodeStock was
founded on: passionate, but respectful dialog between our attendees, for our
attendees. Please treat your fellow attendees with respect!
Harassment* is not appropriate for any conference venue. Conference
participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the
conference, without a refund, at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Attendees must remember that CodeStock staff members and volunteers are
not trained conflict resolution specialists, nor are they security or law
enforcement. CodeStock staff and volunteers will immediately escalate issues
around safety, violence, or similar situations to the Knoxville Police
For the protection of both attendees and our organization, CodeStock will
never put its staff or volunteers in the position of trying to assess whether or
not an incident merits reporting. If there is any doubt, we will report incidents
to the Knoxville Police Department immediately.
1. Attendees should follow the golden rule: “One should treat others
as one would like others to treat oneself.” Treat other attendees
2. Simple disagreements should be resolved between the individuals
3. Harassment or more serious issues should be escalated to a
CodeStock staff or volunteer. That staff or volunteer will
immediately contact a CodeStock Board member who has the
responsibility to assist in resolution.
4. Attendees suffering outright assault or extreme harassment should contact the convention center staff immediately, or a CodeStock staff or volunteer if they’re nearby. CodeStock staff will immediately escalate to the convention center staff or law enforcement as appropriate.
* Examples include offensive comments, verbal threats or demands, sexualized images in public spaces, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of sessions or events, unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention, and the advocating or encouraging of any of the above behavior.