don't miss the upcoming event
Share your knowledge with the community
It is that time of year again. We are officially opening our call for speakers for CodeStock 2018! Between now and December 31, we will be accepting abstracts for sessions for the upcoming event next April 20th & 21st. These abstracts can be either one or two hours long and be in a variety of tech related categories listed below:
Here’s how to go about submission…
1. Log into our portal at https://portal.codestock.org. If you logged in for the 2017 event, your username and password are still valid. If you haven’t logged in since before August 2016, you will need to setup a new account.
2. Enter your catchy title and abstract description into the system. Make sure your description effectively convey’s the value of your talk as it will be critical to your session's acceptance by the community vote!
3. Make 100% sure your profile is completely filled out and current. We move quickly on acceptance notification and if we don’t hear back from you within two weeks on confirming your place in our schedule, we move on down the list. Be sure we will be able to get hold of you in January by more than just email!
4. After submission, write up a brief marketing plan for your abstracts and how you will promote them to the community. Remember, our selection process is done via voting by the CodeStock audience, so you will want to promote your session to your audience in order to get the votes needed for acceptance.
5. Be sure to share this with your friends. CodeStock has 100 slots open for sessions this year. We welcome everyone to submit and throw their hat in the ring for one of those slots!
6. Read our Speaker FAQ (below) thoroughly. We want to make sure to communicate expectations early and so we have put this together now to answer any questions you have about submission process, selection process, and just some general inquiries we get every year.
- The CodeStock Board
You have a platform to share you knowledge and build your personal brand as an authority in your specialty. Plus, the community benefits tremendously from your experience!
Show up and add a high level of value to the audience that attends your talk. That's about it! Just make sure to review our Code of Conduct just to be safe though. ;)
CodeStock is a 501c3 non-profit that sells our tickets at a rate that is one of the lowest in the industry. It is the sponsors and volunteer speakers who make this possible! We are extremely grateful for everyone who plays a part in making CodeStock happen!
Promotion leading up to the event! The more you self-promote, the most opportunities the community has to see what topic you are going to present on. Just be sure to use the official conference hashtag, #CodeStock18, so you maximize your exposure.
Promote your talk via your social media channels as well as any email list you may have built over the years. We will be providing visual collateral for you to customize and share with your audience to help boost your impact. Share the details around your session and link to the conference schedule (coming in Jan 2018) so everyone can make plans to attend.
We are working on preparing a package of graphics and content for speakers to use in order to promote their sessions. When a speaker promotes their session on Twitter or Facebook and tag CodeStock in their post, we will be sure to share your posting with our audience as well. (Again, be sure your profile is completely filled out so we can do this efficiently!)
Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse speakers for their travel expenses at this time. We are extremely grateful for the time, finances and expertise that you spend in order to come and present at CodeStock!