Code Of Conduct
CodeStock is dedicated to providing an outstanding conference experience, to increase learning opportunities for all our attendees, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form, and we would like to take this opportunity to remind all attendees that CodeStock was founded on: passionate, but respectful dialog between our attendees, for our attendees. Please treat your fellow attendees with respect!
Solicitation for organizations, events, meet ups, or non-sponsoring companies during the event is prohibited. Our sponsors pay for exclusive access to attendees and it is our responsibility to protect that access during our annual event. Any solicitation during the event, or a sponsored after-hours gathering, by a non-sponsoring party is strictly prohibited and will result in the immediate removal of the offending party from the conference and/or associated events.
Harassment* is not appropriate for any conference venue. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference, without a refund, at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Attendees must remember that CodeStock staff members and volunteers are not trained conflict resolution specialists, nor are they security or law enforcement. CodeStock staff and volunteers will immediately escalate issues around safety, violence, or similar situations to the Knoxville Police Department.
For the protection of both attendees and our organization, CodeStock will never put its staff or volunteers in the position of trying to assess whether or not an incident merits reporting. If there is any doubt, we will report incidents to the Knoxville Police Department immediately.
- Attendees should follow the golden rule: “One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.” Treat other attendees with respect.
- Simple disagreements should be resolved between the individuals concerned.
- Harassment or more serious issues should be escalated to a CodeStock staff or volunteer. That staff or volunteer will immediately contact a CodeStock Board member who has the responsibility to assist in resolution.
- Attendees suffering outright assault or extreme harassment should contact the convention center staff immediately, or a CodeStock staff or volunteer if they’re nearby. CodeStock staff will immediately escalate to the convention center staff or law enforcement as appropriate.
* Examples include offensive comments, verbal threats or demands, sexualized images in public spaces, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of sessions or events, unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention, and the advocating or encouraging of any of the above behavior.